Southeast Tennessee Foster Care
Open your home and your heart...become a foster parent!
Every child deserves to be a part of a stable and supportive family. The children we serve as part of our Foster Care Program are in State Custody due to abuse, neglect, unruly, or delinquent behaviors. We are seeking foster parents who can not only provide a safe and stable place to live but commit to nurture, teach, and strengthen the children and /or youth in their home while we find them a permanent home through reunification, kinship care, or adoption.
Our Foster Parents:
- Are single or married and may or may not have children of their own.
- Are patient, flexible, loving, and nurturing.
- Work as part of a team along with the Case Manager, Department of Children's Services (DCS), and birth parents to ensure the child's needs are being met.
- Transport children to appointments, court hearings, and visits with family.
- Are able to help meet a child's emotional, medical, and educational needs.
Who are the children in our foster care program?
- Children age birth to 18, though we primarily serve ages 10-17
- Children that have been removed from the custody of their parents or caregiver due to neglect, abuse, abandonment, unruliness, and/or delinquency and placed with the Department of Children's Services
- Sibling groups of all ages.
- Children of all races coming from different backgrounds and experiences
- Some children may have special medical, emotional, or behavioral needs
A foster parent(s) must:
- Be at least 25 years old.
- Be financially able to meet the needs of themselves and their family (without government assistance).
- Complete free pre-service PATH (Parents As Tender Healers) training.
- Complete a free home study conducted by our agency.
- Be a resident of Tennessee.
- 24/7 on-call emergency support for foster parents.
- Agency Case Manager assigned to each child in your home.
- Ongoing training.
Counties we primarily serve include:
Hamilton, Bledsoe, Bradley, Marion, McMinn, Meigs,
Polk, Rhea, and Sequatchie.
For more information, please call 423-693-2580, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.